Bolinas Community Public Utilities
A Regular Meeting
Of The Board Of Directors
August 17, 2011
7:30pm Please note location:
Firehouse Public Meeting Room, 100 Mesa Road, Bolinas
1. Call to Order.
3. Manager’s Report.
-- Update on the Terrace Avenue Bluff Stabilization Project: Accept
Final Technical Report: Coastal Bluff Evaluation & Stabilization Alternatives
Analysis, prepared by Sanders & Associates Geostructural Engineers (“SAGE”)
-- Update on Terrace Avenue Water Main Relocation Project:
-- Update on the BCPUD Office Building Accessibility Improvement Project
-- Update on Evergreen Road Improvement Project (see item 8, below)
-- Update on the Bolinas Fire Fuel Reduction Project (BCPUD Sewer Pond Property):
Accept Biological Opinion Letter prepared by WRA Environmental Consultants
-- Update on the Wastewater Treatment Plant Pump Station and Electrical Upgrade
-- Drainage Project Manager’s Report.
4. Community Expression.
5. Coastal Permit and Address Change (Project ID:
2011-0224), APN # 191-271-24 (currently 280 Ocean Parkway; new address proposed
is 20 Nymph Road): deconstruct an existing 1,301 sq. ft. single-family residence
threatened by bluff erosion and construct a new 1.588 sq. ft. single family
residence; Application for Expanded Water Use Permit (Bransten).
6. Coastal Permit (CP 12-4) and Minor Design Review (DM
12-6), APN# 191-261-21 (15 Oak Road): legalize a new, 50-foot long
retaining wall constructed to repair a failed hillside and preserve homeowner
7. Coastal Permit, Land Division and Development Plan (Project
ID 2009-0377), APN# 188-100-35 (5959 State Route One, Bolinas/Dogtown):
divide and existing 10-acre parcel into two lots; no construction proposed
in application but land division would create a new building site (Kirschman).
8. Right –of-Way Permit Application: Install Culvert
Across Iris on South Side of Elm (BCPUD).
9. Approve Removal of Eucalyptus Trees
in the Evergreen Road Right-of-Way between Alder and Larch Roads (R. Johnson),
Mowing of Encroaching Vegetation and Reestablishment of Road.
10. Revised Agreement with CalTrans for Placement of Construction-Related
Material (Asphalt-Concrete Grindings) Outside of State Right-of-Way.
11. Update on Mesa Park Ballfield Irrigation Project.
12. Proposed Resolution Establishing Procedures for Suspension
and Reinstatement of Water Service.
13. Resolution 603: Cites Board of Directors’ Choices
for Determining Fiscal Year 2011-12 Appropriations Limits.
14. Resolution 604: States District’s Appropriation
Limits for Fiscal Year 2011-12.
15. Association of California Water Agencies (“ACWA”) Region 1 Election
of Officers and Board Members for 2012-2013.
16. Volunteer Committee Reports
-- Alternative Energy:
-- Bolinas Lagoon Technical Advisory Committee:
-- Community Path Update:
-- Downtown Parking & Traffic Committee:
-- Resource Recovery:
-- West Nile Virus Task Force/West Marin Mosquito Control Coordinating Council:
17. Other Business
a. Board Committee Reports
-- Mesa Septic, Flood Control and Roads:
-- Park and Recreation:
b. Minutes of the April 27, 2011 Special Meeting; Minutes of the July 20,
2011 Regular Meeting
d. Scheduling of Next Meeting(s)