Community Public Utilities District
A Regular Meeting Of The Board Of
August 19, 2009
7:30pm 270 Elm Road, Bolinas
1. Call to Order.
3. Manager’s Report.
-- Update on the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) Accessibility of
the BCPUD Building.
-- Update on the BCPUD’s Application for Proposition 84 Grant Funds for
Projects to Enhance the Duxbury Reef Area of Special Biological Significance(“ASBS”)
-- Drainage Project Manager’s Report
4. Community Expression.
5. Whitehead Coastal Permit (CP 10-6), Assessor’s
Parcel 190-041-32, 271 Poplar Road, Bolinas (revision of design of previously-approved
6. Request for Financial Relief from Quarterly Water Bill
due to Unintentional Water Loss (pursuant to BCPUD Resolution 553) – 370 Overlook
Road (J. Angel).
7. November 3, 2009 Election: Update on Advisory
Measure re: Camping on Bolinas Beach; Schedule Community Meeting to Discuss
Advisory Measure re: Camping on Bolinas Beach.
8. Fire House Community Park Agency (aka “Mesa Park”):
Completion of Facilities.
9. BCPUD Letter in Opposition to Governor Schwarzenegger’s
Suspension of 2009 Subventions to California Counties for Williamson Act Properties.
10. Ordinance 36: Rescinding BCPUD Resolution 152 and
Adopting New Rules and Regulations Regarding Transfers of Water Meters.
11. Resolution 582: Adopting a Corporate Resolution
Certificate Authorizing the Bolinas Community Public Utility District to Conduct
Banking Activities with the Bank of Marin.
12. Resolution 583: Cites Board of Directors’ Choices
for Determining Fiscal Year 2009-10 Appropriations Limits.
13. Resolution 584: States District’s Appropriation
Limits for Fiscal Year 2009-10.
14. Association of California Water Agencies (“ACWA”):
Region 1 Election for the 2010-2011 Term: Official Ballot re:
Officers and Board Members; California Caucus Nomination Form
for National Water Resources Association (“NWRA”) Positions.
15. Volunteer Committee Reports
-- Alternative Energy:
-- Bolinas Planning Group:
-- Bolinas Lagoon Technical Advisory Committee:
-- Downtown Parking & Traffic Committee:
-- Resource Recovery:
-- Terrace Avenue/Alternative Access Road Committee:
-- West Nile Virus Task Force/West Marin Mosquito Control Coordinating Council:
16. Other Business
a. Board Committee Reports
-- Mesa Septic, Flood Control and Roads: Discussion of funding for
vegetation clearing and road grading for public safety on the Bolinas Mesa
per Bolinas Fire Protection District request; Amendment of road-grading policy
for Bolinas Mesa dirt roads
-- Park and Recreation:
b. Minutes of the July 15, 2009 Regular Meeting; Minutes of the August 3,
2009 Special Meeting.
d. Scheduling of Next Meeting(s)